CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks.

With all the hustle and bussle of the holidays fast approaching, it never occurred to me that in an instant they would be here! Working in retail is so highly focused and strategic around the holidays, that I forgot to look up and see what all of the work is for.

This year is a little different. This year I am finally seeing what it is all about. In the past I have driven home early Thanksgiving morning just in time to toss together my famous clover rolls and a pumpkin pie, sit for a few hours and then make the long drive home. While I enjoy seeing my family, it is so hard when I'm having to work 13 hours the next day. So this year I opted to stay in Richmond.

I thought it would be lonely, but so far, it has been wonderful! Slept in, made a sweet potato casserole, did some online christmas shopping, and set up my tree! The whole day I have been calling and getting texts from friends and family making me feel just as loved as if I was in their own living rooms. This is what I'm thankful for. I am thankful for these people in my life, all of them. The ones who are thinking about me while they are off doing their own celebrating, those who I will be celebrating with later, and those who can no longer be here. I am thankful because this year I realized that family is what you make it. Friends, animals, robots... This is a day to appreciate all that people bring to your life, and let people know how much of an impact they have on yours.

 Hope everyone has an awesome Appreciationgiving Day!

 xoxo Catie

0 comments: